All comments

Photo by: jaykay72
I thought he was communicating with 'Aliens' ----
33340
🕐 10-25-17 9:05 AMphotosphere42 posted Click to view details
Photo 33340
Photo by: photosphere42
1st of 10 Digital images of Silver prints. Original 4x5 tri-x neg, dev HC110. Tachihara 4x5 view camera w/ 210mm Calumet lens.
33278
🕐 06-12-17 9:08 PMdamessenjah posted Click to view details
London 06
Photo by: pentaxpete
I've often (obviously just in recent years) have thought that you can have a photo contest where one tries to capture confused people trying to determine if they should pass in front of the person taking a selfie or behind them. It would be simple to capture the shot; all one would need to do is follow me as I am constantly dumbfounded by this scenario.
28486
🕐 06-6-17 4:21 AMdamessenjah posted Click to view details
Friends
Photo by: damessenjah
I did a quick overview on the lens on Wikipedia. Then I went to B&H to see if it is available and read the reviews. It appears that the Takumar design has been discontinued but they are still available on ebay (and reasonable priced at that) . But I need to read up more on this before I can make any kind of decision. On B&H the few reviews that I read on the Pentax are saying that the 100mm struggles with CA, which was my struggles with this photo. I did find some Groups on Flickr that feature Takumar and will peruse it some later this evening.

Sell me on it. Why Pentax SMC Takumar?
33275
🕐 06-6-17 3:52 AMdamessenjah posted Click to view details
London 03
Photo by: pentaxpete
I like the way he is turned away from the what our eyes are drawn towards; the graffiti.
33266
🕐 06-2-17 12:21 AMyuriylux posted Click to view details
School Lunch Time
Photo by: pentaxpete
This picture gives a good rhythm of the current life, young people do not want to waste time eating, absorbing it on the go!
33265
🕐 05-31-17 11:36 AMyuriylux posted Click to view details
Photo 33265
Photo by: yuriylux
Thank, DAMESSENJAH!
33267
🕐 05-31-17 8:08 AMpentaxpete posted Click to view details
Enjoying the Sun
Photo by: pentaxpete
Thanks for viewing and comment --- well, I rated film at 500 ASA because it was so outdated and with some other P3200 i used it gave good results BUT this batch seems to need even more exposure. I just set the 500ASA on the exposure meter and either use an 'Incident Light Reading' with the Weston Invercone OR use a Reflected light reading off the stone pavement or road surface. ( The KONICA Auto-Reflex TC I used had NO bateries as it took 2 of the now-illegal MERCURY 1.35 Volt types so I used a Weston Master V British Meter).
It was found even when FRESH that Kodak P3200 was not up to 'box speed' same as when Kodak brought out the 'new' Vericolor 160 for weddings -- I rated it at 125 ASA.
i was n ot striving for 'grain' as I knew it would be grainy -- just to use up some of that old film in my fridge with the Konica camera I had not used for a while.
33264
🕐 05-25-17 6:19 PMdamessenjah posted Click to view details
Photo 33264
Photo by: photosphere42
I like your tonal adjustments. It looks like dirt, which is what they are working in.
33239
🕐 05-20-17 12:03 PMphotosphere42 posted Click to view details
Team work!
Photo by: photosphere42
Nuts!
33257
🕐 05-19-17 1:01 AMpentaxpete posted Click to view details
Crush the British !
Photo by: pentaxpete
Jim : Thanks for commenting -- yes, the truck was moving past as I took it so it is a bit blurred.
They are supporters of a bloke called La Rouche-- I found out all about him on Wikipedia.
I do not process 'small colour prints' only the 'Exhibition and Competition Size' enlargements so I get the film and small prints done in a Pharmacy in Brentwood High Street here then i can enlarge any good negatives using the RA4 process and my British 'NOVA' slot processing tank which holds 2 litres of chemicals in each slot, Dev, Stop and Blix. I like using FILM as I have LOTS to use up in my fridge !
33240
🕐 05-18-17 10:56 PMyuriylux posted Click to view details
Photo 33240
Photo by: yuriylux
Pentaxpete and damessenjah, thanks for your comments!
33250
🕐 05-18-17 2:08 AMdamessenjah posted Click to view details
Street Wedding
Photo by: damessenjah
It happened a few weeks before we were there. I was wondering if this was the actual bridge.
33247
🕐 05-18-17 2:06 AMdamessenjah posted Click to view details
Restocking the Club (Kickin' the Keg)
Photo by: damessenjah
I was amazed at the detail that the camera caught behind the transparent drapes that were red. What I was seeing, and what came out in the color shot (https://www.flickr.com/photos/damessenjah/34335502412/in/dateposted/) was just the red with very little detail of what was behind the drapes.
33246
🕐 05-18-17 1:57 AMdamessenjah posted Click to view details
Who's The Window Watcher?
Photo by: damessenjah
I agree. I think my mistake was made at the time I took the shot. I should have point metered instead of averaging. I tried adjusting in post but to no avail.
33243
🕐 05-18-17 1:53 AMdamessenjah posted Click to view details
Face, The Crowd
Photo by: damessenjah
That was what I was trying for. The girl is my daughter and the guy her 4th grade crush. I was trying to document the moment and pull out a subject in the midst of a crowd.
33241
🕐 05-18-17 1:42 AMrhd posted Click to view details
Antwerp 1
Photo by: rhd
Thanks. Very helpful comment. I agree with your comment.
33242
🕐 05-18-17 1:40 AMpentaxpete posted Click to view details
Antwerp 2
Photo by: rhd
Not so good -- main centre of interest is the SIGN in White NOT any particular people.
33251
🕐 05-18-17 1:35 AMpentaxpete posted Click to view details
Street Wedding
Photo by: damessenjah
looks like LONDON -- can see Lambeth Palace tower on the left-- many Chinese get wedding photos taken in London but when I did weddings all they wanted to do was to get to the BAR and FOOD and not worry too much about PHOTOS!!
popflash photo
TALinked
The Trade Association Resource

Even a one time donation or subscription can go a long way in helping to run AG2SI.

Thanks for your support !