are you still using Zeiss classic ZF/ZE lenses? (1 Viewer)

cyra

What camera are you using them with? I wonder if they are still up to higher resolution.
I am not so interested in top quality, but rather pleasing and interesting rendering.
I also wonder what people, who used them earlier, are using now.

OMG, I have not used a ZF lens in a very long time. After I switched to the SL system, my lens limitation has narrowed to just a few lenses.
I love the Milvus and ZM lenses. I still have the 35 1.4 ZM but tend to use the Voigtlander 35 Apo Lanthar which is amazing. So, classic ZF/ZE lenses I have not used for years.

What camera are you using them with? I wonder if they are still up to higher resolution.
I am not so interested in top quality, but rather pleasing and interesting rendering.
I use 2 CARL ZEISS lenses on my cameras. A PLANAR 1,4/50ZF and a PLANAR 1:2.8 f=80mm adapted from my ROLLIE SL66 2 1/4 x 2 1/4 Camera. These lenses are used all the time on my digital bodies, (3100, 3200, & 610 Nikon's) as well on my film cameras ( el2's, 8008, n90s, F2,
Nikon's). I consider them to be top quality lenses that produce pleasing images with interesting rending!
I also use NIKON brand lenses, and various others like Voigtlander, Tamron, Rokinon, and Schneider-Kreuznach..
Never pass up the opportunity to make a fine image!
Best wishes.

I have used ZM lenses on my Leica M4, and ZF lenses (21/2.8, 35/2.8, 50/2, 100/2.8) on my Nikon F5.There are amazing! It's not just sharpness and contrast that are outstanding, but just the way they render the scene being photographed. I had used Leica lenses in the past, but Zeiss beats them hands down...

Agree. If you ask me the ZM 35mm 1.4 i son par with the leica if not better. It's just a tad bit larger.

You need to try the voigtlander apo lanthar. They are in a league of their own. The 50 and 35 are unmatched in my opinion. 1/8 the price of the leica for better build quality and performance.

The Apo Lanthars are higly praized. I will also have a look at the 35/2.0 for Nikon Z.
I am using the classic ZF and ZF.2 lenses on the Z7 with the FtZ adapter. Can't complain so far. The rendering is still beautiful.

I use 2 CARL ZEISS lenses on my cameras. A PLANAR 1,4/50ZF and a PLANAR 1:2.8 f=80mm adapted from my ROLLIE SL66 2 1/4 x 2 1/4 Camera. These lenses are used all the time on my digital bodies, (3100, 3200, & 610 Nikon's) as well on my film cameras ( el2's, 8008, n90s, F2,
Nikon's). I consider them to be top quality lenses that produce pleasing images with interesting rending!
I also use NIKON brand lenses, and various others like Voigtlander, Tamron, Rokinon, and Schneider-Kreuznach..
Never pass up the opportunity to make a fine image!
Best wishes.
Zeiss is still selling the Planar 1,4/50 ZF. Others have been replaced by Milvus and Otus lenses. I wonder though, how different they really are from the classic lenses.

Just a handfull from the 35 and 50 lanthar

And cannot leave out the ZM 1.4

I am very happy with my 50 apo lanthar which I purchased about 18 months ago. it is quite a joy to use. It focuses smoothly, the aperture ring is solid and responsive and the image quality it produces is spectacular. My last ZF classic was a 50 f2 macro on a D700. Haven't really done much with DSLR's since then. Mainly shoot with the M, and a Sony 6600.

I have used ZM lenses on my Leica M4, and ZF lenses (21/2.8, 35/2.8, 50/2, 100/2.8) on my Nikon F5.There are amazing! It's not just sharpness and contrast that are outstanding, but just the way they render the scene being photographed. I had used Leica lenses in the past, but Zeiss beats them hands down...
I also still like the rendering, but the ZF lenses are a bit clumsy on the Z7, therefor I wonder how I could replace them. Zeiss seams not to go into Nikon Z land.

its a licensing thing. Nikon needs to be more open and allow others to deliver solutions they are not willing to do. Like L mount

I still have my ZF lenses but switched to Phase One in 2015. Since then, I've been using Schneider lenses because nothing else works on the camera. For a short period in between, I used a Leica lens (25mm) on a Sony A7R.

I still use them a lot while traveling and for landscape photography. They work well with the Nikon Z7.

Ich bin ein alter ZEISS Fan und benütze meine zahlreichen CONTAX Zeiss Linsen und auch die 6x6 Carl Zeiss Jena Objektive, adaptiert an meinen VF und APS-C Sony Kameras! Kein Problem! Es geht alles, was nicht bei 3 auf den Bäumen ist!

Another favorite for me, is an very compact ROLLEI mount Carl Zeiss SONNAR 2,8/85mm with 4 lenses! The C/Y version has 5 lenses! This old vintage glass is an dreamer! I am using this lens with an special adaptor, one my SONY VF and APS-C cameras!

Last edited:
Leider habe ich alle meine Zeiss ZF-Objektive verkauft. Ich habe nur Zeiss-Objektive für die M.

I wonder whether anyone uses them with Nikon ZF, this should work great. I might upgrade my D750 to a ZF.
I do have a lot of problems with dirt on the sensor of the Z7 though, which seams to be due to lens swopping.
This is why I still kept the D750.

I wonder whether anyone uses them with Nikon ZF, this should work great. I might upgrade my D750 to a ZF.
I do have a lot of problems with dirt on the sensor of the Z7 though, which seams to be due to lens swopping.
This is why I still kept the D750.

I use all my F and M mount lenses on the ZF. It is such a joy to use. I feel like I am shooting with a camera and not a computer!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back