Fujifilm X-100 S (1 Viewer)

hyperfocal

I have bought Fujifilm X 100S as a gift for my girlfriend who's got only marginal interest in photography, but travels a lot. Isit too much of a camera for her? If so, what camera would you suggest?

thats a fantastic travel camera. compact, and practical.

However, with a marginal interest in photography, I see people gravitate to their cell phones for cameras :(

I wouldn't change a thing with the X100S for someone who is getting into it.

Good choice.

Yes, I had a lot of fun with mine! Great little camera.

But no guarantee it will turn marginal interest into serious interest, not sure any camera can do that. :)

I have bought Fujifilm X 100S as a gift for my girlfriend who's got only marginal interest in photography, but travels a lot. Isit too much of a camera for her? If so, what camera would you suggest?
The X100S is a big improvement over cell phone images. For a beginner, turn the lens dial to "A," and the Shutter Speed Dial to "A" and you have a point and shoot that give you lots of room to grow. Great choice for beginner to learn.

I agree with the comments here, hyperfocal. I owned a pair of X100S cameras at one time along with the WCL and TCL conversion lenses. I found it to be an enjoyable camera but was bugged by the leaf shutter. I probably should have set the ISO to auto and kept them. I kept setting ISO and forgetting to change it to a different setting when going from indoors to outdoors. The leaf shutter has restrictions on shutter speed so I kept getting overexposed images. Nobody to blame but myself. Today I just use the X-Pro2 with the XF35mm f2 lens which is more like the Nikons I used as a newspaper shooter.
The X100S is a big improvement over cell phone images. For a beginner, turn the lens dial to "A," and the Shutter Speed Dial to "A" and you have a point and shoot that give you lots of room to grow. Great choice for beginner to learn.
Need to add in setting ISO to "A" as well with the limitations of the leaf shutter on the X100 series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back