What have you bought recently? (1 Viewer)

Not really I pick up everything used...... I am really cheap..... ;) Most of all my lenses are Leica M from the 70's that I got used then at what would be called crazy prices now.

Last edited:
@agfa100: Nothing wrong at all with being cheap. I mean, frugal! Yeah, that's it. 😁

I was hoping you found some secret place you could share with us so we could all get some nice Zeiss glass, for frugal prices.

Any of you folks have, or had, the Voigtlander 75mm f/1.5? I go back and forth thinking about getting this lens for full frame use with portraits and some canyon landscape work. Is it cool to post web links to others who have reviewed gear? I found this:
https://phillipreeve.net/blog/review-voigtlander-75mm-f1-5-vm/

BTW - JT, i sold all 3 of my other camera systems to buy my Z8 and lenses. I found out on my 2 week National Parks trip, just how much gear I had accumulated and was lugging around. I decided to drop back to 1 camera with several purpose-picked lenses. If I can't create good images with what I have now, I'm gonna quit photography and take up underwater basket weaving.

Any of you folks have, or had, the Voigtlander 75mm f/1.5? I go back and forth thinking about getting this lens for full frame use with portraits and some canyon landscape work. Is it cool to post web links to others who have reviewed gear? I found this:
https://phillipreeve.net/blog/review-voigtlander-75mm-f1-5-vm/

BTW - JT, i sold all 3 of my other camera systems to buy my Z8 and lenses. I found out on my 2 week National Parks trip, just how much gear I had accumulated and was lugging around. I decided to drop back to 1 camera with several purpose-picked lenses. If I can't create good images with what I have now, I'm gonna quit photography and take up underwater basket weaving.
I have a friend with the 75 and the 65 f2. He prefers the 65 f2. I love 75. One of my favorites. So this is a hard choice for me since I want something in that range.

I hear you on too much gear.

all my gear now is pretty much what I need in primes. Although one good zoom could probably replace them all.

@agfa100: Nothing wrong at all with being cheap. I mean, frugal! Yeah, that's it. 😁

I was hoping you found some secret place you could share with us so we could all get some nice Zeiss glass, for frugal prices.
I have had good luck with looking at mpb here in the US. I started with Zeiss lenses with my RX-1 that lens is just so special on that camera, the 35mm f 2.0 Sonnar

I am done. All set. No more gear now. My last item arrived today from cameraquest.

1000013993.jpg

That is the voigtlander 65 apo lanthar.

Low noise is awesome. Don't know about astro.

I used my sbig and zwo on my hd1100 for years before getting rid of all my astro gear. If I get into it again, I will consider using a mirror less camera.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back