What have you bought recently? (1 Viewer)

JT

Administrator
Staff member
I myself purchased a new Leica SL2-S with the current promo. Very nice camera. I have a 50 summicron SL for it and am getting the Voigtlander 21mm 1.4 and Sigma 35mm f2

Can't wait for the weather to improve so I can go out shooting.

Fujifilm X-Pro 3 with 4 Fujicron lenses.. Shooting color film started to be too expensive for me. 'm still holding to my Contax G2, which is still unparalleled, lenses-wise. And I have used a few leicas in the past.

Yes. The G2 is an amazing camera along with the lenses.

Did you know you can turn those in to manual focus lenses? There is a company that sells the kit.

A trio of zooms for my GFX Fujinon 100s (GFs : 20-35/4+45-100/4+100-200/5.6) and 1,4 GF teleconverter.Unfortunately 100-200/5.6 turned out to be a decentered lemon at infinity,so tomorrow I'll return it to Fuji for service.I hate waiting for the lens to return as there is a big gap between my GF 100/4 Macro or 100/2 and GF 250/4.

I recently purchased a Voigtlander Nokton 35mm f1.2 X. This is a Fujifilm X mount lens. It’s not an extremely sharp lens like many of the Fujifilm lenses, but rather it has a rendering similar to vintage lenses.

It is soft and has a circular flare and a rather unusual out of focus background from f1.2 to f2.8, at times almost like bubbles or swirls. Then it sharpens up and produces a rather modern lens look from f2.8 on. Also, even though it is manual focus, it has electronic contacts to communicate with a range of more modern Fujifilm bodies. This allows f-stops to be shown on the screen.

I also use Leica M cameras and lenses, so manual focus is very natural to me. For those using Fujifilm I recommend looking into the new Voigtlander X lenses. There are currently three available: 23mm f1.2, 35mm f1.2, 35mm f1.2 macro and 2 new ones just announced, a 35mm f0.95 and a 27mm f2. They’re well built and solid feeling and produce a different look and feel to the Fujifilm line of lenses.

This new Voigtlander has reinvigorated an interest in shooting again with Fujifilm x. I look forward to exploring Fujifilm jpg recipes with this lens and my X-H1.

The new Leica SL2-S with the Vario-Elmarit-SL 24-70 f2.8 ASPH with the current promotion is my most recent acquisition. I'm excited to see what crakers interesting images I can create by deconstructing or hacking the photographs.

Just putting out there: Ismerit to keep the Leica CL body or should I trade it in? Because the Leica CL is no longer being produced, do you think it will someday become valuable or collectable? I'd greatly appreciate your opion/s.

Lovely day to all from the centre of the universe, Australia. ✌️

Congrats on sl2s. I have that camera and love it! The 24-70 is an awesome lens. You should get some nice results with that combo.

The cl is questionable for me. since it is not FF. To be honest, if you could get decent money for it, I would sell it and just buy an Sony 6600 with an adapter.

I just got a used Sony A-9 body and then a za 35mm f 2.8 and what a great combination it has turned out to be. My first autofocus lens I am such a luddite.

Love the silent shutter I still can't get over it, and the no blackout viewfinder. It has the nicest color out of any Sony I have ever used.

Congrats on sl2s. I have that camera and love it! The 24-70 is an awesome lens. You should get some nice results with that combo.

The cl is questionable for me. since it is not FF. To be honest, if you could get decent money for it, I would sell it and just buy an Sony 6600 with an adapter.
Thank you; I found your message on the SL2-S, particularly the 24-70, promising. I foresee the 24-70 focal lengths will become my go-to lens for daily use. I have all of the CL prime lenses compatible with the SL2-S, and I can't wait to see what I can achieve using them.

MMmm HHmm, hearing you on the FF, I'm not entirely done experimenting with the MFT, but I shall take a look at the Sony 6600 recommendation.

I bought a Nikon Z8, with a 24-120mm everyday lens, a 20mm wide angle/astro lens, and 100-400mm telephoto.

I just added a Batis 40mm f 2.0 and I am thinking of a Batis 25mm f 2.0 I have found one used in great shape and a good price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back